SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Count down

neetsiepie
14 years ago

Five weeks from today is the wedding. Oh my! DD and I discussed the music to be played and the song that will play when she comes down the aisle is "Some Day My Prince Will Come", right off the Snow White soundtrack. As soon as she played it for me I started crying. Then she started crying.

Thank goodness for waterproof mascara. My mom gave her the handkerchief she carried when she married my dad, 50 years ago. DD1 & DD2 and I started crying when DD2 opened the package and read the note. I tell you, this is going to be a tearfest!

Tomorrow my mom is visiting and we're going to make moss balls that will hang from the chandeliers in the ballroom. The theme is a fairy woodland, lots of mosses, lichens, greens, twigs, organza and twinkle lights. It's going to be sooo lovely.

But it just hit DD and I today...FIVE WEEKS. Seems like only yesterday they announced their engagement.

There will be no X box, but there will be kareoke, bubble guns, and the Father/Daughter dance song is "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights" by Freddy Fender. It's an inside joke (the only song DH knows how to sing). I tell you, it's a formal wedding, with a major twist. It's going to be amazing.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio