SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Counting down to the big day!

neetsiepie
10 years ago

DD1 has set the wedding date, we've secured the location, she's found her dress and is finalizing a caterer. We've been busy finding great things for the decor, and I found a gal who has just started a little home business renting decor items for weddings & parties. I figure it'll cost me a lot less to rent picture frames for the photo booth, and twinkle lights and linens than to buy them and then be stuck with them.

The theme is bohemian/Indian. I'm going to set up lounge areas using those pop up canopies that will be draped with silky fabrics, loads of pillows and romantic chanedeliers. We're going to have only 6 tables (8 seaters) to encourage mingling-since there won't be a sit down dinner. We're going tapas style with the food, and it'll all be vegetarian, but no one will miss meat with the menu we've chosen.

I just found what I think will be my dress, and now have about 10 million crafty things I need to work on! Saturday i'm going to the growers market to get in touch with flower growers, I'm hoping to use dahlias and star gazer lillies in the informal floral arrangements on the tables.

We're FINALLY getting moving on this! Her fiance had a bout with cancer earlier this year, so it kind of put things on hold. But he's doing better now, and she's been bitten by the bridal bug.

Comments (14)