SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hn308

Help matching condenser to existing Air Handler

hn308
14 years ago

This is a follow up post to my earlier posting in this matter. I was told to get the model numbers for proper suggestion which are now listed below. I need some help in selecting the correct condenser for existing air handler I have in my house.

The Air handler are International Comfort Products brand and are R22 system. It is a 2 zone installation done in a brand new house which has been sitting for 2 years as it was bank owned in NY metro area. The size of house is around 2500 sq. ft. The air handler for 1st floor is 2.5 ton and for 2nd floor is 3 ton.

Below are model numbers from the air handler.

1) Model of air handler # MF12F1900A3

Model of Coil on above air handler # EPM36F19C2

MFD - JUN 2005

2) Model # of air handler - EBP3000B2

I need guidance regarding what will be factory approved condenser match for my air handler and whether can I change the coil in above air handler and convert my R22 to 401A system and get condenser accordingly. I could only get coil# for the 1st unit but based on model number of other unit if it can be determined whether that conversion is possible I would prefer to do it.

All suggestions are welcome. I want a system just for cooling the house and in our part in NY metro area AC is used for around 4 months a year primarily.

Any estimates for price installed will be appreciated as well.

HN.

Comments (3)