SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Your Favorite Seventies Songs?

User
9 years ago

If you lived through the Seventies you are bound to have some favorites....you probably even know all the words to Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline, lol!

We are having a small birthday party for a dear friend who loves the music of the Seventies....Abba, Bee Gees, Carole King, etc. I have a lot of songs from that era already (including a couple of anthologies containing songs like War (What is it Good For?) and other one offs from people whose names no one remembers, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, so I'd like to spot check with YOUR favorites. Please list the songs from that decade that to you are especially iconic of the decade. I've got artists as diverse as Barry Manilow (Copa Cabana), Marvin Gaye (Heard It Through the Grapevine) and the Captain and Tenille (Love Will Keep Us Together) as well as the usual Beatles, David Bowie, Rolling Stones, et al.

Have I missed your favorite? Tell me what it is so I can update my playlist :-)

This is a small party of 15 or 16 people. The plan is to eat, drink, and dance. I have the food and drink organized, just need to complete the soundtrack! Thanks in advance, GW!

Comments (51)