SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Not sure how to react

neetsiepie
12 years ago

I'm not so full of myself that I don't think that people would talk about me behind my back, but I just guess I never thought that it'd be really negative.

Today I learned from a VERY good source, that a lot of people had a very poor idea of me. Those people are no longer in my life, but I did work with them for years and thought we'd had a cordial relationship. The person who mentioned it to me is someone I trust implicitly and she also had been a victim of these people. She didn't tell me this in a spiteful manner, but as a matter of course in a discussion of some other former, toxic coworkers.

I guess what is bothering me is how these people considered me, and it explains a lot in hindsight, of how I was treated. I really value my reputation, and to find that I was considered basically white trash from people I considered my peers is pretty shocking. I still see them frequently, I work in the building next door, so I run into them getting coffee or at community events.

I would normally consider the source when I hear disparaging remarks, but this information really bugs me. I thought I was friends with some of them!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH