SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Party planning and vegetarian guests?

caliloo
13 years ago

Hey all

I have my annual Kentucky Derby party coming up in just over a week and I am trying to decide what to make along with the traditional (for this party) Mint Juleps, Mojitos, Jambalaya and Pecan Pies. One of the challenges is there are a couple of vegetarian guests who will be attending.

If you were hosting 40 +/- people (4 of whom are vegetarian) for an afternoon into evening party how many and what sort of vegetarian dishes would you include? Normally I would be sure to have 3 - 4 vegetarian appetizers and a big tossed salad with dressing options and crusty bread and leave it at that, but it feels a little skimpy. Should I plan for an additional vegetarian entree type thing? There may be others who might try it, but everyone really enjoys the Jambalaya and looks forward to it every year.

Here is the menu as I know it so far, there will probably be a few people that bring things, but I have no idea what they might be. Please let me know what (if any) vegetarian main dish you would add:

Caprese on a skewer

Bacon Jalapeno Poppers (a friend is bringing)

Corn and Bean Salsan (a friend is bringing)

Eggplant Caponata

Veggies and Dip

Fried Onion Dip and chips

Jambalaya

Tossed Salad

Crusty Bread

Pecan Pies

Brownies (a friend is bringing)

Fruit Tray with Dip (a friend is bringing)

It feels odd to add a baked pasta or pasta salad that is vegetarian, but I suppose I could. Maybe I should make a vegetarian bean enchilada casserole or make a chili rellenos casserole? I am really in a quandry and would love your opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Alexa

Comments (19)