SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

New window treatment for kitchen

12 years ago

I had the idea today to make an African cloth valance for the kitchen window because during DST, too much light comes in through the top of the window. Although it was already 3:00PM, I convinced Kevin that we had time to go to Leimert Park and buy some African fabric to hang in the window. He reluctantly agreed, but after I hung the fabric in the window, he wanted to get some for his bedroom windows, which we might do next week-end. We considered having Jamaican food while we were in Leimert Park but only had tropical smoothies instead. I had pineapple ginger, and Kevin had passion fruit mango.

The fabric worked even better than I expected. At first I was going to get mudcloth, but when I saw the Kuba cloth, I fell in love with it, especially since it was already the exact size that I wanted. I got it for a fraction of what it would cost on line or in a gallery on Melrose. We were told that many people frame this fabric behind glass, which is also appropriate, but I decided to be decadent and hang it in the window. I was really lucky to find this piece, I think, and I bought another one that I haven't decided what to do with yet, but it was an alternate for the kitchen.

I think this is about cooking, since having this valance in the kitchen will inspire me to keep the kitchen neater - it was a mess when I took the pictures - and we have posted kitchen pictures here before.

Lars

Comments (28)