SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the_endless_kitchen

The end has actually come!!

I've been a periodic participant and lurker for the last couple of years. As you may know (or can read from my little write-up if you click my name), my dh has been renovating our small 8'x9' kitchen for 6.5 years. He did everything from scratch all by himself with the exception of the professionally installed hardwood floor and the granite countertops. He built the cabinet boxes, drawers, and doors; did all the plumbing work (including moving the dw from the the left of the sink to the right side of the sink); installed the backsplash; built drawer inserts. Me, I was the client and helped figure out how we need to use our space, criticized, pushed and pleaded and finally offered rewards for completion.

Details:

DIY cabs and doors

Honed AB granite

GE Profile OTR microwave and ceramic glass top oven range

Kenmore DW

Paint: SW Tansy Green (not sure this will last but you can't imagine how many samples we went through and how totally irritated dh is with me for my fascillation)

Glass pendant: I diy'd it from a glass vase, dh drilled hole through the bottom and set up the electrical wiring, and I did the mosaic tiling with broken stained glass pieces. It looks far better when the light is on and so-so when it's off. Not sure it will last though. I'm on the fence about it.

Dh is still finished up the bar area on the other side of the kitchen wall. There is an 11' expanse of the honed AB granite (one slab!!) with hand-made cherry shaker cabinets on either side of the bar pass-thru.

Still to do: some punchwork type stuff in the kitchen, install drawer fronts and cab doors on the bar, and FIND BARSTOOLS!! My latest obsession!

Thank you all for contributing to this forum. I've learned so much from you all!

Laura

Here is a link that might be useful: Endless' finally finished kitchen

Comments (15)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company