SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
furnacehelp

Furnace and A/C Quotes...Please help!

furnacehelp
13 years ago

Hello Everyone- I have received a few quotes from one Heating Cooling Company, which is a Carrier Dealer. I own a 1960 Detroiter mobile home, which I purchased with a small lot of land that has had the awning enclosed and made into an addition on the trailer. All remodeled and gutted with drywall and hardwoods...really neat Bachelor pad! Anyway, the place has an old Kerosene Furnace which was removed, and the ductwork is in place in the trailer part, but will need about three vents in the addition. About 1,100 Square feet total that will be heated and cooled total. There are a few possible choices that I have been given from the Carrier Dealer, but I am not sure if these are good quotes...Below is the detailed info. Am I getting a fair shake? It is a rather small place, so I am concerned about the larger ton units.

Constant speed furnace

1- Furnish and install (1) Carrier 58MCB060-1-12 60,000 Btu natural gas fired furnace. This unit has a constant speed indoor blower and is rated at 91% AFUE.

2- Furnish and install all necessary flue piping to vent furnace thru the roof.

3- Furnish and install all necessary gas piping from meter location to furnace.

4- Furnish and install all necessary wiring to connect to existing supply.

5- Furnish and install (1) solid-state non-programmable thermostat and necessary control wiring.

6- Furnish and install all necessary materials to add (2) additional supply air vents in addition side.

7- Start up and check operation.

8- Provide 1-year Baird Heating & Cooling Inc. warranty on installed system. Carrier covers furnace with a 10-year parts warranty.

Our price to perform this work is Two Thousand Eight Hundred Dollars ($2,800.00)

Variable speed furnace

1- Furnish and install (1) Carrier 58MVC060-F-1-14 60,000 Btu natural gas fired furnace. This unit has a variable speed indoor blower, 3 stage gas train, and is rated at 96% AFUE.

2- Furnish and install all necessary flue piping to vent furnace thru the roof.

3- Furnish and install all necessary gas piping from meter location to furnace.

4- Furnish and install all necessary wiring to connect to existing supply.

5- Furnish and install (1) Carrier Infinity user interface controller and necessary control wiring.

6- Furnish and install all necessary materials to add (2) additional supply air vents in addition side.

7- Start up and check operation.

8- Provide 1-year Baird Heating & Cooling Inc. warranty on installed system. Carrier covers furnace with a 10-year parts warranty.

Our price to perform this work is Four Thousand Six Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($4,650.00)

Packaged gas heating/electric cooling unit

1- Furnish and install (1) Carrier 48XP0360903 3-ton packaged gas/electric unit.

2- Furnish and install (1) 3" pad for unit to be placed onto.

3- Furnish and install all necessary ductwork to connect unit to existing supply and return plenums.

4- Furnish and install all necessary materials to add (2) additional supply air vents in addition side.

5- Furnish and install all necessary gas piping from meter location to furnace.

6- Furnish and install all necessary wiring from breaker to unit.

7- Furnish and install (1) solid-state non-programmable thermostat and necessary control wiring. P

8- Start up and check operation.

9- Provide 1-year Baird Heating & Cooling Inc. warranty on installed system. Carrier covers unit with a 10-year parts warranty.

Our price to perform this work is Six Thousand Six Hundred and Eighty Dollars ($6,680.00)

Packaged heat pump/gas unit

1- Furnish and install (1) Carrier 48XZ0360903 3-ton packaged heat pump-gas/electric unit.

2- Furnish and install (1) 3" pad for unit to be placed onto.

3- Furnish and install all necessary ductwork to connect unit to existing supply and return plenums.

4- Furnish and install all necessary materials to add (2) additional supply air vents in addition side.

5- Furnish and install all necessary gas piping from meter location to furnace.

6- Furnish and install all necessary wiring from breaker to unit.

7- Furnish and install (1) Carrier Infinity user interface controller and necessary control wiring.

8- Start up and check operation.

9- Provide 1-year Baird Heating & Cooling Inc. warranty on installed system. Carrier covers unit with a 10-year parts warranty.

Our price to perform this work is Eight Thousand Dollars ($8,000.00).

Comments (2)