SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Ideas for "fall home improvement" column?

Sueb20
11 years ago

I have been writing a monthly decorating column for my little local town newspaper for about 5-6 months. They are now preparing an insert that will go in not only our town's paper, but several surrounding towns' papers. The editor wants me to come up with at least one topic to write about, including photos. I literally just found out about this because I've been on vacation, and she wants my idea(s) tomorrow! I'm brainstorming, but I thought I'd ask you all -- what would YOU want to read about?

The only direction I've been given is "fall home improvement." A couple ideas I have are organizing for back to school, but I think this may not be published until several weeks after school has begun; editing your space (because this is what I'M planning to do this fall! -- i.e., clear out the clutter, make some tough decisions on the many tchotchkes in my rooms, etc.); using natural elements in fall decor (pumpkins, dried flowers, etc.).

I'd love any and all ideas! Thanks! I've been on vacation for so long (relocated to our beach house 5 weeks ago, heading home tomorrow), I need to restart my brain!

Comments (10)