SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

Day 5 of the Box Challenge

User
13 years ago

Happy Wednesday!

How has this been going for you? Today there are more items to sort out in our main living area - I'm sitting here after my coffee looking at a box that I have no idea what I packed in it. I'm tired of looking at it so it's first.

Still questioning my old needs vs my new needs. Wondering - am I really going to use this? How many things do I want to hang on the walls or stick on shelves again to dust? Mmmmmm. I don't mind dusting but I abhor it when things are cluttered.

I know I like to use my travel mugs a lot in the summer months in the garden - but how many do I need? Today's information on plastics makes me rethink my older mugs - are they safe? Today they will be placed in the recycle box. I'll keep the newest ones. There are new ceramic mugs out now with lids - when I have the money I will 'replace' my kept mugs with those. Notice the word replace.

Replacing an item instead of adding an item is another employed strategy to avoid growing collections. If you use it but it's past it's day - replace it. That's a tool I'm going to start using more of as I slim down my 'stuff'. Too much of a good thing is not good at all, right?

Food for thought today.

Interestingly in I found a small box of 4 coffee mugs that were my Mom's. All gifts with Bingo themes and such. They are going to charity. As much as I miss my Mom, I've learned from watching the Hoarders - items such as this do not bring my Mom back. I have my memories that I cherish. I don't need to keep coffee mugs as well.

I hope some of these thoughts are of value to you today.

We are reclaiming our precious space. Your home will be lighter and you will feel better too.

Let's get at it!

Tally Ho!

Peggy

Comments (10)