SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

Day 6 of the Box Challenge

User
13 years ago

Happy Thursday!

We are doing a fantastic job. Big or small, sorting, cleaning, finding new treasures from hidden places.

Today I am getting my closet systems installed, my bathroom sink. Yesterday I filled my vanity and found enough storage for my bathroom items and towels (Peggy is still a very happy camper from that!).

Since my box challenge is a mix of unpacking and rethinking stuff I kept during the move (ran out of sorting time) - I'm taking this opportunity to keep only what we really need and truly want that will be of service. I no longer store things for other people - they can figure out their own space. I am not responsible for their storage problems.

Once the closets are installed I will be sorting through clothing and pulling piles of clothes off the floor, getting rid of things I no longer wear. Then I can return to my boxes.

We've been doing great! Are you feeling better? I am. Every little bit counts, it moves us a little bit more forward. By the end of this some of you may be motivated enough to carry on (I'd love to hear about that if you do) and for others it may be enough for now.

I find this journey very interesting. Do you?

Oh, putting linen on a dresser does not make anyone an old lady - I did it in my 20s and still do. Easy way to brighten things up, holds the dust so you can wash it away. BTW everything old is new again. Women are returning to sewing again, handcrafts. There are many blogs on the modern take on old crafts which I find very exciting. Isn't there a certain amount of comfort too? My brother once told me being a bachelor he lacked a woman's touch in his home. He was really pleased when I gave him dresser, table clothes, decor touches for his walls. Kinda reminded him of Mom in a way.

We are winter purging, letting go. This is uplifting. Think about it - all over North America we are taking each others hands and pulling ourselves out of a winter rut. I love this.

And the challenge is for both sexes, all ages. Let's open the windows again, even a crack and get some fresh air today.

Join me in my crazy quest to lighten up a little!

Love ya guys, I really do.

Tally Hoooooooooo!

Peggy

Comments (11)