SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

Serious but necessary: graphic texting while driving PSA

mahatmacat1
14 years ago

This is a British PSA that *graphically* depicts the all-too-possible effects of taking your eyes off the road while controlling a two-ton battering ram. It's like the drunk driving videos we saw in High School Driver's Ed but much more vivid, and concerns a group of teenagers driving together and distracting each other, this time by texting.

I've almost been hit by a texting driver (one a young woman with her mother in the passenger seat!, one a young man) twice within two miles of my home, once with my daughter in the car, and seen other near-incidents as well. Lots of people who text (they seem to tend to be younger people because they're more tech-oriented, but older people text too) should see this and REMEMBER they're moving at DEATHLY speeds while they feel the need to write their friends about when they'll be getting together. It's not even mental impairment by a drug--it's simply the childish need for short-term gratification such that they won't even stop driving their battering ram to write. As Ron Reagan said, how about bringing typewriters onto our laps and putting a piece of paper in while we're driving and start tapping away? It's that stupid.

Here is a link that might be useful: Again, GRAPHIC

Comments (12)