SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

I have to tell someone; hope U don't mind!

CEFreeman
12 years ago

I am absolutely stunned right now. In a fabulous way.

Background: My husband bailed on me, leaving me $587,341.53 in debt. I concentrate on my mortgage and utilities.

Here's my wild last month:

After being prompt with my modified mortgage for a year, the bank submitted my HE loan to a new govt mod program. I knew nothing about this. Based upon my debt load, (lack) of equity in my home, the program has forgiven (FORGIVEN!!!) $121,751.29. Huh!?

About 2 weeks later I received a letter from a lawyer suing me for another debt of my STBX'. We were to go to court in February. The letter requested the court dismiss the suite. After I got up off the ground and put my teeth back into my head, I called and asked him why? He said he didn't know but the instructions came from BOA. He was happy to dismiss $55,000.00 because I'd been so great about collections, even though I hadn't paid a cent. woooooowwww.

Today I went to court for a hearing to garnish my wages for a Discover suite (again, STBX'). After the nice young lawyer looked over my financials, he looked at me and said, "Wow. We can't get blood from a stone and you sure are one big stone." He asked the judge to dismiss the $17,598.27 suite.

That's $195,152.27 disappeared in less than 30 days. Money my DH used for his business while he didn't work for almost a year -- of which I was unaware. Granted, I'm still $406,000.00 or so in debt, but now I have one mortgage on my house, which is better than most people in America! I'll get those tax forms at the end of the year showing this as income, but I'll deal with that when it comes. I'll be super waitress/super bartender/super yoga teacher. :)

I live in faith that things will work out in a way I hope. I try not to dwell on the things that aren't so great. So far, got my house, got my health, got pet food, got heat, got some electricity and got a brand new, butcherblock countertop in progress.

Thanks.

I had to tell someone.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths