SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cas66ragtop

Should HVAC company pay to repair drywall?

cas66ragtop
13 years ago

I am having a new heat pump installed in my house. Part of the job requires new wires to be ran into the electical panel. This panel is located in my laundry room with finished, painted drywall. The HVAC guys say they will try their best to snake the wires through the wall. They say it is really tight, and it doesn't look like they will have much choice. They say they may be forced to cut into the drywall so they can do this.

If they DO cut through the drywall, would it be their responsibility to repair this? Or should I expect them to reimburse me for having to pay someone else to fix it? What is the normal policy regarding this?

Also, I told them if they had any scrap copper from removing the old system, that I wanted to keep it so I could take it to the scrap yard and get the money for it. They still took some of it anyway. Do I confront them on this, or do I leave it alone? On one hand, not only did they go against my wishes, but that is also theft. On the other hand, if I confront them, then there is more chance they will do crappy work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Comments (7)