SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salsera_2007

Heat/AC for Sunroom/Four Season Room

salsera_2007
17 years ago

Hi there. I am considering buying a house that has a nice sized four season room added to the back. It was done many years ago and is on a concrete slab. I don't think the walls are framed but are some kind of panel system and it has jalousie aluminum windows. The heating system in the house itself is underfloor radiant heat - the boiler is brand new. There is no A/C in the house itself though I would like to have a central air system put in - FWIW the owner tells me that the new boiler is the kind that can support central A/C. Knowing these facts, would it even be worth it to try to salvage the existing four season room structure, changing windows, insulating if possible and adding a separate heating/cooling system, or would it be better to take walls and roof down and start from scratch using the existing foundation? What would be some options for efficiently heating and cooling the space if we were to work with the existing structure? This house is in northern IL, so it gets pretty cold in winter. Thanks for any ideas and suggestions you may have!

Comments (3)