SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

tec xt stain resistant grout or laticrete spectralock grout

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

Which is a better grout if a dog misses a puppy pad and gets pee on the grout lines: TEC XT Stain Resistant Grout OR Laticrete SpectraLOCK Grout that is an Epoxy grout?

Jerry, do you have time to reply or anyone else with some knowledge. I know I love the color of the Mushroom on Weedyacres Rialto Beige tiles but the Akoya Bone Porcelain tiles are a smidgen lighter than the lighter Rialto Beige tiles that I wanted but the Lowe's store sold out of that lot number and the lot number they had was more gray and darker.

The local store pushed me into bringing home the Antique White color when I told the former installer I wanted to go to Lowe's to get the Mushroom color I liked or stay at the local store to go with the Cornsilk color that looks so close to the Mushroom color.

So before I return or exchange the grout (new installer will use the Epoxy grout if I want it and can start in a few days), I want to know which is a better grout of these two grouts for purposes of grouting foyer tiles that are Perla Akoya Beige that is similar to the lighter Rialto Beige tiles without any gray veins.

Should I return the TEC Antique White (looks grayish and darker than Mushroom and darker than Cornsilk to me but the store says dries 2 shades lighter and is a nice neutral) for Latricrete SpectraLOCK Mushroom (I want a stain resistant grout that I will not have to seal every year I have decided and both of these grout are self sealing)? The mushroom grout color from the chip looks like it is a smidgen darker than the Cornsilk but they are very close in color using the paint chip in my home that I can hardly tell.

The Antique White TEC color chip (that the store recommends but they do not understand I do not like grayish grout and prefer a grout color in the beige family unless th TEC Antique White dries lighter without the gray in it?) is darker than the Cornsilk color chip that the store's salesman says would be too yellow. It does not look yellow in my house and looks very close in color to the Mushroom color that I wanted but the local store does not sell Latricrete products.

Has anybody used the TEC Antique White grout color and if so, do you have pics or if not, can you describe the color when it dries?

I may pay the 10% restocking fee and return the Antique White grout to the local store and then buy the grout color I think (since I can only see paint chips and the very nice pics on the Internet) I want at Lowe's in the Mushroom color.

Has anyone used the TEC Cornsilk grout color? If yes, what color does it dry to look like? Any pics?

Comments (6)