SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cwyn_gw

difficulties finding colored grout on short notice

cwyn
13 years ago

So we have to have a colored Laticrete unsanded grout by Wednesday. I spent most of yesterday and today all over the city looking for this (I am in NYC), but no one carries it in stock, and everyone says that it takes at least a week to "special order," even though it is one of the colors on the standard Laticrete color card. (We're using it with honed red travertine tile, so we have to go with a reddish/orange grout color, like cinnamon, copper beech, or quarry red - any of the standard other colors would just look funny with this tile.)

I then went online, figuring that it must be possible to get it online and just pay for faster shipping, but very few places seem to sell the Laticrete grout online, and those that do do not have any kind of expedited shipping option.

I don't know what to do - it never occurred to me that such a simple thing as grout would be so hard to come by, and we can't delay the grouting any more - the whole remodel and the bathroom in particular have been delayed by months beyond the original end date, and we have to move in on Friday and can't go weeks without a usable bathroom, and in addition, I'm due to give birth any day now, so we can't drag this renovation out any more.

Does anyone have any advice about how to get Laticrete colored unsanded grouts quickly? Any vendors that I could call on Monday and ask for 1 or 2 day shipping?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Comments (7)