SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sc_kathyc

Quote on Lennox-Please Help with decisions

sc_kathyc
15 years ago

My DH and I are building our home and have just recently been getting quotes on the Heat/AC system. We are in South Carolina and the quotes are ranging from 10,000 up to 16,900. I have read much on this forum and I am hoping that someone can help us with our decision. We have only had 1 company come in and did a detailed analysis of our house. Our home is 2 story, with an unfinished basement. We have 1700 sq. ft on the main level, and 864 on the 2nd level. They propose the following:

Main level

Lennox XP14-042 Heat Pump

Lennox Airhandler with 10/KW Heater

Upstairs

Lennox XP14-024 Heat Pump

Lennox AirHandler w/8 KW Heater

Split System: Heat Pump w/remote outdoor Unit Air Source

Outdoor unit Model # CBX27UH-0024-230 + TDR

Indoor Unit Model Number CBX27UH-024-230 + TDR

Cooling Capacity 24200

EER Rating (Cooling) 13.00

SEER Rating (Cooing) 15.00

Heating Capacity (Btuh) @47F; 2300

Region IV HSPF Rating (Heating) 9.00

Heating Capacity (Btuh) @ 17 F: 1440

1 Year Warranty on all parts and labor

10 year limited warranty on compressor from mfg.

1 year service maintenance agreement.

The quote for this is $16,943.00. Is that a good quote? Would we qualify for the Lennox Rebate of $1500 that I am seeing advertised and how long is that rebate offer good for?

I don't have the specifics on the other quotes, but the quote for $10,000 was for 2 TempStar units. He did not do a detailed analysis.

A 3rd company gave us a quote for 15,000 and recommended the WhirlPool Gold??? I will try to get more detail on these.

My fear is that my DH has so much on him right now that he will just take the lowest quote because the man has been in the community for a long time and we know people that he has "serviced'. We don't however know anyone that he has installed a new construction job on.

Can anyone help me gain enough knowledge that we can make the best decision?

Comments (6)