SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerseygirl_1_gw

3 Year Old Cat Female Cat Marking_What to do-long

jerseygirl_1
12 years ago

I know there are many cat people here.

My 3 year old female started marking this past January. I adopted her when she was 3 months from Pet Smart. I know she was in foster care almost all her life prior. First it was our bed (my side). She is now not permitted in our room unsupervised. Now it's the living room and our newly upholstered sofa a month after it arrived. This morning it's a small pillow on an existing chair (just a little but enough to be marked). I truly believe it's behavioral. She is urinating normally. I even have Feliaway Comfort Zone defuser not far from the sofa and chair. She is very sweet and a perfect companion otherwise but I know she does have a temper. I also have a 12 yr old male who has never marked.

I have stretched aluminum foil from one end of the sofa to the other to deter her from marking the seat and it seems to be working. My concern is we have 2 new chairs coming soon and I really want to see if I can get her to stop. I don't want to live in a aluminum foil world.

Any experiences or suggestions? Outside of taking her to the vet which I do plan to do this week and if it is not a health issue.

Comments (28)