SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k87tx

Trane XR15 install - two stage?

k87tx
13 years ago

I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area and I have received a quote for a XR15 AC with a variable speed xv80 furance. The AC guy told me that the XR15 is a two stage system? Is that correct? He also told me there really isn't any difference between the XL15i and XL16i and the XR15 except the outside unit cover and the noise. In fact, he said the XR15 (with the combo that I am getting) is the only one that can receive the Federal Tax Credit. Which system is the better system for effiency vs. cost?

I would also like to know if the quote is reasonable.

I am receiving:

two-stage XR15 (16 SEER) AC - model #GSC130601BC 5 ton unit

XV80 variable speed furance and evaporator coil- model # AH604AL

new concrete slab; disconnect box and electrical whip; new metal drain pain w/ emergency float switch; (4")April Aire filter; 8000 series trane thermostat, mastic seal all indoor equipment; 2 yr service agreement; adding return air in the secondary hallway...they are also redoing three ducts (not the complete run) - it is a 10" duct that is currently split into two 8" runs and a 6" run...they are going to keep the two 8" runs split from the 10", but they are going to make the 6" its own run

I have a 4 bedroom house (2 baths) that is approximately 2,400 sqft.

He quoted me $8,368 prior to the $1,075 state refund and the $500 Federal refund

I'm sorry I have typed so much, but I wanted to make sure that I gave all the necessary info. If you need more information please let me know.

Sincerely,

Kelly

Comments (16)