SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kateb22_gw

I don't like the boiler I just got

KateB22
10 years ago

Bummer. I am building a new house and making a million decisions. I am not building itmyself I am paying someone.
I went back and forth on the heating system. I wanted something quiet.
sigh
We have radiant floor heat and the boiler and heat was just installed yesterday amd I experienced it today for the first time. Thehosue is being built.

so, first I had thought I would get a pellet boiler which I wanted but was too nervous to get.
then I actually had a propane boiler installed--- then that day I started having fears about it being so flammable and read many stories about explosions caused form propane in homes and actually switched it to an oil burner.
so they took back my propane at some cost loss to me and I had to pay more to have the oil boiler installed.

In my old house I had a system2000 oil boiler and I wish now I had gotten that. I ended up getting the buderus because the heating guy said some things had to be added to the system 2000 to go with the radiant, blah blah. would have cost more but now I hat emy new buderus.
It is SO loud.
Now I wish I could return it and replace it with a system 2000.ugh.

Now I am looking into soundproofing the boiler room. That may help. I actually put an inquiry in to see if they would buy the buderus back (if I could return it) and do the system 2000. sounds crazy.
I have put so much money and time into my new house and if I could change it to a boiler I liked for not too much more it may be worth it. I am really really sensitive to noise.

are system 2000 much quitter than the buderus? I had thought it would be the same type of thing really.

If the heating co took back the buderus (would they? It has been running and installed for one day) would they be able to hook up a system 200 to the same other parts they had already installed?

Anyeone soundproofed their boiler room?

Comments (6)