SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeffrow_gw

Need help quick, heat pump only warm, escrow

jeffrow
15 years ago

I need some advice on a york heat pump system. My daughter is buying a condo here in San Diego. The place is a small (800sqft) single story condo. She is going FHA on the financing thus an FHA appraisal. The appraiser said the heat and A/C were not working so it slammed the brakes on the closing. We are dealing long distance with a bank that is VERY slow to make a decision on anything. So far this has been a 3 month escrow.

I went there this morning and checked the thermometer, low batt was flashing. Replaced the batteries after 5 minutes unit fired up in heat mode. After ten minutes of running warm air was coming out of ducts. But kind of barely warm, not hot like my furnace. I shut the system down, turned on A/c, after 5 minutes it fired up.... VERY cold.

I'm concerned that it is not getting hot enough. She is trying to close escrow next week and we are hesitant to make a huge issue out of this in light of how long it takes the bank to do anything. FHA inspector will come back and I would imagine sign off on it since it does heat & cool but I don't want her to be stuck with HVAC problem right out of the gate.

Is this likely to be a very expensive issue?

Comments (4)