SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

Personalized license plates and bumper stickers

golddust
14 years ago

Do you have a vanity plate? What does it say and why did you choose it? If you don't have one, what would yours say if you did?

I ask because we just returned from a (boring) road trip. Personalized car plates always intrigue me. Sometimes they read like an esoteric message and I can't figure out why someone even bothers paying extra money every year to have something displayed on their car few people understand.

Of course others are clear statements. One I saw yesterday said 'FSTPITCH'. Clearly the owner of the car was into fast pitch baseball. (I was on a fast pitch team back in the day and that ball is *fast*.)

I don't have 'vanity plates' and am not sure what I feel so strongly about that I'd want to state it to the world.

I don't usually like bumper stickers etc. on cars but I wore a small first generation 'Obama' magnet during the election. A real first for me. I have seen only a few car signs I'd consider. One was "What *if* the hokey pokey *is* what it's all about?" Of course I only consider it because I wouldn't really want to blemish my car with something so silly...

What about bumper stickers and/or vanity plates? What do yours say or what would they say? Would you have them at all?

The road trip down was a bit boring so I pondered these things. The trip home was extremely interesting so there was no time to ponder stickers or plates and the time flew way too fast...

Comments (29)