SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

What has visiting the forum changed in your kitchen?

lavender_lass
12 years ago

I thought this might be a fun topic. I'm sure we've all made changes to our kitchens, since visiting the forum. Whether you're in the planning stages, still remodeling or finished, what changes have you incorporated, thanks to the help on the forum?

Obviously, there is a wealth of information on layout, flow, cabinetry, countertops, etc...so it might be hard to pick only one. For me, it has been my colors. That may sound funny, but the biggest change has been moving from white and cobalt blue, with light blue walls to white and black, with light gold walls.

I was worried that the blue would be too cold, but I couldn't imagine anything else. I had loved it for so long, the idea of a blue kitchen really appealed to me. However, once I started being honest about my lighting, my style and my choice of fabrics, I realized that blue countertops were not for me.

Then I found my backsplash inspiration and finally realized black was a much better fit. The light gold walls will keep everything warm and cheerful...and give plenty of balance to the blue accents and fabrics...and look great with all the plants/herbs. Also, much friendlier with the wood tones in the furniture and work table.

So, how about you. What has the forum helped you with the most?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County