SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Summerfield...are you still visiting the forum?

lavender_lass
12 years ago

Summerfield- Thank you for all the help with my farmhouse plan! :)

After many 'fine tunings' I have finally ended up with a much more budget-friendly plan, which allows me to add a few fun touches. Here's a very rough 'cut and paste' version, which I hope will give you some idea what I'm trying to do. As you know, but just in case others do not, we live on a farm, about 30 minutes from town (longer in the winter) and need a lot of storage...which explains the pantry and the mudroom is a necessity, with 2/3 of the year either muddy or with lots of snow. This is an old farmhouse that we're planning to remodel, without losing the charm of the original house.

The changes I made include a few to the utility room...which now has the broom closet, with washer and dryer on the outside wall, and the freezer and other cabinet space against the kitchen wall. The powder room also has a small window, above the toilet, although it doesn't show up on the plan very well.

There isn't that much 'back yard' space, between the house and the horse pasture, so I made the outside porch smaller and off to the side of the mudroom...with plenty of space for a patio, to be added later.

The greenhouse (which I love) is still there, as is the clawfoot tub and the little chair (LOL). I added a pergola, over the dining room window, for wisteria and climbing roses...which will be beautiful on the south side.

So, what do you think? Any suggestions? You have such a great eye for these things, I'd appreciate your opinion. Also, I hope your friends in North Carolina are recovering from the storm...and your niece is moving ahead with her software program. I'm sure many people will want to buy it, once it's on the market.

Thanks again for all your help and ideas and have a wonderful summer! I'll be spending much of it, cleaning out the old farmhouse, going through years of junk...and looking for a few treasures :)

Oh, and here's the plan.

{{gwi:1477805}}

Comments (5)