SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dccnm

I'm getting a new pup!!! Dogfood suggestions?

dccnm
16 years ago

I'm getting a 5 month old rottie pup in a few days. I lost my previous rottie to cancer in December. I'm SO looking forward to gettting her--she's a beauty!

The breeder is currently feeding her Eagle Pack food. While I have not in the past fed my dogs natural or holistic foods, I am open to the idea. I do however want to limit my choices to foods that I can purchase locally rather than by mail. I have read the posts on the pet side of gardenweb relating to foods and visited many of the sites to read their material. I posted there as well.

I also have a 10.5 yo golden and to keep life simple, would like to feed them both the same food. Obviously I know that I will need to gradually make the change for both of them. The pup is currently on adult food since the breeder feels it's indicated during this growth period.

Currently I'm using ProPlan Chicken and Rice. No problems ever, but as I said, I'm willing to change foods if it's felt to be better for my animals (and from what I've read, that's true).

So, here are the brands I can purchase locally. Any experiences with any of them, opinions or comments?

Nature's Variety Prairie

Wellness

Back to Basics

Innova, Calif Naturals, EVO

Pinnacle or Breeder's Choice

Natural Balance

Canidae

I used the Greatdanelady website as a jump start to see which I could locate in my area.

TIA

PS We all start here for kitchen info. How many of us come back, or stay, for all the other wonderful knowledge that is available here?

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths