SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westiemom_gw

70's Split Foyer... Flooring Update

westiemom
13 years ago

We're in the process of updating our 70's Split Foyer (bi-level/raised ranch) house...a little at a time as the budget allows. We're now ready to replace the flooring...Yea! We have a SMALL foyer 7'4"x 11' which is the main entrance for the house... As you stand inside the foyer...to the right there are 7 stairs that lead down to the finished basement...and to the left... 7 stairs that lead up to the living areas.

Currently the foyer is an ugly vinyl and the stairs are carpeted. The house is an open floor plan with carpeting in the living/dining room/hallway/3 bedrooms and 2 baths (YUCK!...there is vinyl in the kitchen... Downstairs (concrete slab)... there is an office... family room... bathroom and laundry room...all carpeted.

Our house is all electric with radiant/forced air heat in the ceilings. Each room has it's own thermostat, we also have a heat pump. We live in southwestern PA where the temperatures vary season to season.

I like the look of hardwood/engineered/laminate, but dh is worried about the floors being cold and wants carpeting. We also have 2 small terriers that LOVE to race through the house. Their nails are trimmed monthly so I don't think there would be a problem with scratches??? We don't have any children but we do entertain a lot.

Thank you all so much for sharing your expertise. This is a big purchase for us and I don't want to have any regrets!

Thanks!...Sandy

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations