SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ntt_hou

What a week I had...

ntt_hou
11 years ago

I've been busy cleaning & cleaning from sewage back-up. I've had a rough week where problems rolled in one after another in the same week. Nevertheless, as things got repaired, I've realized the damages could have been 10x worse.

When I was still in the working force, I purchased all the gadgets for my home as much as I could afford. Now that I am no longer working and can't afford much, these gadgets came in very handy this past week.

A couple of these items were a carpet steamvac and a Shop-Vac. A Shop-Vac unit should be in every home. If you have plumbing & sewage lines, accident will happen. With a Shop-Vac, it makes cleaning up so much easier. I was able to vacuumed up all the flooded sewage before it flooded elsewhere.

Having bleach & vinegar handy also made it easy to disinfect contaminated areas.

I also got inventive to make chores a bit easier. I was using a regular spray bottle to mix bleach & water for disinfecting. My hand & arm was tired from using the spray handle repeatedly. Then, I remembered I had a small pressure sprayer. The one that is used for gardening. It was one of those thing that I was glad to have an extra one around. It made spraying bathtubs and floors much easier and faster.

So, what gadget(s) do you have around the house that had helped you with your home emergencies?

Comments (11)