SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akarinz

Week 4: I had to put my dog down :(

akarinz
16 years ago

A lot of things have been happening, both good and bad.

Unfortunately I had to put my ten-year old rottweiler to sleep last Friday. She had been having problems with her legs, was not eating much, and her head hurt. She has been very depressed with the remodel, due to having to be in a run during the day. Thursday night she stood next to my bed and cried for two solid hours. There was nothing I could do to console her. As I walked into the vet, I could only cry and barely say what I needed to have done. She was the only dog I currently had and it amazing how much a dog becomes part of your life. I will be getting another, but not until the remodel is done.

It is interesting to think about how it affects our animals. I have two Siamese/mix cats. One is cowering under my bed all day and has gotten very nervous. The other sits at the window as close as she can to the workers and watches them.

Now for the good stuff. The GC continues to move very fast. My block wall is up, my garage is almost completely framed, my new bathroom and laundry area are framed. My extension to help with the "great room" is almost all framed.

I've been informed that the kitchen will be gutted next week. :) and :( I will be without a kitchen, washing machine and dryer for 1 - 2 months. I asked my housekeeper today if she would be willing to do my laundry. We decided she would come weekly, clean two bedrooms, one bathroom and do my laundry for two people. She asked for $60.00 a week. I will supply the soap, etc. She said turn around time for the laundry would be 24 hours.

I received my prestige hood last week also. :) Every night I empty something out of the kitchen and trying real hard to throw things out.

Hopefully there will only be good news to report from here!

Karin

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!