SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

things to make your life easier - what do you think

3katz4me
18 years ago

Here's something for discussion - wondering what you all think. It kind of has to do with fitness and health - mojo and other such topics.

I used to be somewhat preoccupied with reworking my house to make things easier. My garage is downstairs on the other side of the house from the kitchen so lugging the groceries in is a bit of a chore. Also laundry is in a similar location - as far away as possible from the source of the dirty clothes.

Then one day, I decided it would probably be a long time if ever before I could change these things to make them more convenient - if it would even be feasible. So I thought, you know that isn't such a bad thing. As long as I am physically able to move and carry things, it is probably good exercise to do so. If I get so geriatric I can't do it then that's another story - I'll probably have to move then.

Sometimes I thing about all the things there are to make life easier - so you exert less effort - which is not exactly good for you. Drive up to everything - don't even get out of the car; riding lawnmowers; all kinds of riding recreational activities that don't require any effort or exercise; washers/dryers designed so you don't have to bend over, etc.

The more I think about this the more I'm starting to think it's not a bad idea to avoid some of these things intended to make life easier. Probably better to increase movement and effort in everything you do - rather than trying to eliminate as much as possible.

What do you all think?

Comments (12)