SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1bird2

Mohawk vs. Shaw -- Tuftex or SmartStrand or Silk

1bird2
11 years ago

Hello All,

Interesting and informative threads here!! I am researching various carpet to replace 16 year old carpet for my home, upstairs in all bedrooms and a recreation room. I anticipate foot traffic to be light to moderate. We do have two dogs and two kids, so I expect some liquid on the carpet over time.

I have done all of the measurements myself to get an idea of the overall size. I have measured 105 sq yds (NET). I will assume 10% waste, so 115yd. I have narrowed the type of carpet I am interested in between Mohawk and Shaw -- the SmartStrand (and Silk) or Tuftex.

I am still obtaining carpet specs, e.g. face weight, density, twist, etc.

We like "Pure Confidence" from the Mohawk SmartStrand Silk line the best. This is a private label for the retailer I am working with and almost impossible to find it anywhere else. He is quoting (all per sq yd) $28.79 for carpet, $5 for 6 lb memory foam/moisture barrier pad, $3 to install/haul away. Total $36.79 sq yd , or ~$4200 for total job.

Questions:

Anyone know the specs of this Mohawk carpet?

Any comments on price quoted?

Any ideas what the % markup is on the carpet or pad (labor is labor -- so not really looking to do anything there)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)