SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hawk307

Your Recipe's , That you have put together

hawk307
16 years ago

I would like to make a list of recipes,

that our members have made and put together themselves.

They could be from old ones but changed enough to say

" I improved on "

Or " I added these ingredients or techniques "

In other words, like Frank Sinatra said " I did it my way "

I've never been in "Recipes " I Don't want to go.

LOU

Comments (21)

• chase_gw
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Great idea Lou.

This is my own recipe for ravioli. You can use won ton wrappers to make it easier or use fresh pasta. In any case it is pretty darn good.

Ravioli With Ricotta And Prosciutto

NOTE: I serve this with a very light herb and tomato sauce but it is also great with a bit of cream added to the tomato sauce or a brown butter sauce.

1/2 Cup prosciutto Diced
    1 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
    1 large garlic clove, minced
    1 shallot ,minced (green onions would do fine)
    1 Cup ricotta
    1 Cup Parmesan Freshly Grated
    1/2 Cup Asiago grated
    1/2 Cup frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
    1 egg
    nutmeg
    salt and pepper
    won ton wrappers (or fresh pasta)

Saute the prosciutto in the extra-virgin olive oil just until softened.Add the garlic and shallot. Saute until limp but not browned.

In a bowl combine ricotta, Parmesan, Asiago, egg, spinach, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Add prosciutto mixture. Place a spoonful of the mixture on top of a won ton wrapper,wet the edges. Place another wrapper on top and seal the edges.

Alternatively you can fold the wrapper over the filling to form a triangle. I often use a ravioli cutter to trim the edges.

Place the filled raviolis in boiling salted water. They don't take very long to cook. They float and become slightly translucent.

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

This recipe is my own creation when trying to get my young sons to eat more vegetables.....it worked!

Orzo Pasta and Vegetables my own recipe

2 c orzo pasta
    1 TB vegetable oil
    1/3 cup finely chopped onion
    2 med. zucchini, diced
    1 c fresh or frozen corn kernels
    1 TB chopped fresh basil or 1 t dried
    1 medium ripe tomato, seeded, diced
    salt and pepper

Cook orzo in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes. Drain in colander, set aside.

Heat oil in large skillet. Saute onion until clear. Add zucchini and corn and 1/4c water. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Add orzo, basil, tomato to skillet. Cook, stirring until heated through. Season with s&p. Serve warm.

Can use yellow squash or one small of each color. It is important to this recipe that the vegetables be diced quite small, about the size of a kernel of corn.

• Related Discussions

WANTED: finally put together my haves and wants

Q

Comments (2)
    i want to do trade for hosta green and maybe your green white 2 email jimandshelia1976@wmconnect.com
    ...See More

HAVE: list put together

Q

Comments (12)
    Hi Marta, I think it must be you who contacted me about a trade for some fava beans. I would be happy to trade with you. Would you please email me so that we can work out the details. Thanks. Janet
    ...See More

Where have you found your recipes?

Q

Comments (22)
    Here is my process. IÂll get interested in learning to cook some general class of dish  say, braised beef dishes, steamed fish dishes, grilled chicken dishes, etc. IÂll consult my cookbooks, maybe read a Cooks Illustrated issue, and find the most basic version of the dish, with the minimum of ingredients and spices. IÂll make that very simple dish a couple of times and develop a feel for the basic process. How does the cooking method transform the essential ingredient food through heat, moisture, and time. Hopefully IÂll learn to make a basic but tasty version of the dish and understand what is happening. Then IÂll start trying different variations with additional flavours and secondary ingredients. I donÂt usually start off with a CF recipe. Usually (my personal observation) those are pretty ÂÂdeveloped recipes with lots of ingredients. I have no doubt that they taste terrific, but I wonder how much I will learn, fundamentally, from diving right in at the deep end. For my personal learning experience, I need to start in the kiddie pool. Rather than add a bunch of coriander to the tomato, first make it with just tomatoes and then learn what the coriander adds to the taste. Admittedly my main interest is in cooking protein (meat, poultry, fish) which might reward a different process than if I were mainly interested in veg or grains (?).
    ...See More

Have mine all ready put together

Q

Comments (8)
    I always tend to wait until the last minute on taxes. I do them myself, and just the thought of going through the instruction manual, line by line, makes me think of a dozen other things I should do instead! Maybe this week's the week... But first I have to go to the library for the tax forms or download them. Glad the gov't is saving money not mailing them out anymore.
    ...See More
  • angelaid
    16 years ago

My own recipe:

Angs Pasta Salad

Cook about 1 and 1/2 cups of Rotina (multi-colored spiral-shaped pasta) according to package directions. Rinse and drain well.
    Cook 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I sprinkle with seasoning salt and throw them on the grill).
    Chop chicken breasts into bite-size pieces and add to drained pasta.
    Rinse and drain one can of dark red kidney beans and add to pasta/chicken.
    Drain one can of black olives. Cut each olive in half and add to pasta/chicken.
    Pour in about 1/2 a bottle of Italian dressing (shake well)
    Add extra chopped garlic (to taste)
    Add fresh ground pepper (to taste)
    Add about one cup of Parmesan Cheese (not the dry stuff in the green can!)
    Mix well and refrigerate overnight

• azzalea
    16 years ago

Those of you who like to get creative with your recipes might want to consider entering one of the many recipe contests open at any given time (usually there are between 40-50 open contests, often many more). Great way to make a few extra $$$, or win a trip, or some nifty appliances or other toys.

There are websites that you can google that are dedicated to recipe contesting and offer help, discussion groups, and lists of open contests. But be careful--most require that the recipe not be published (yes, the internet counts and is easy to check).

Good luck, and may you all find yourselves in the winner's circle.

• triciae
    16 years ago

It's almost impossible to get good Mexican food in New England. Our favorite restaurant is in Vermont & that's a weekend trip. So, I've worked to create some Mexican-inspired dishes of my own. Here's a soup that we really enjoy.

TRICIA'S MEXICAN MEATBALL SOUP

1.) Heat oil in large pot & sautee 1-1/2 diced onion. When they've wilted add 2 minced cloves of garlic, & one seeded & chopped jalepeno. Sautee over low heat for about another 3 minutes.

2.) Add 2 of the large cardboard containers of beef broth (or, homemade). About 2 quarts.

3.) To the broth & onions, add 1-28 oz. can of diced tomatoes including the juice and 1 cup of chunky medium-heat salsa. Bring to a boil then turn heat down to a simmer & continuing simmering for about 15 minutes.

4.) While the base is simmering, make the meatballs by combining 1 lb. ground sirloin, 1/4 lb. ground pork sausage, 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal, remaining 1/2 onion left over from making the broth, 1 egg, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 cup minced cilantro, & S/P. Mix well.

Shape meat mixture into 1" meatballs. Add meatballs & 1/2 cup long-grain rice to simmering broth. Increase heat & bring to a boil. Stir once or twice to make sure the meatballs are not sticking on the bottom.

When it reaches a boil, reduce heat, cover, & simmer until the rice & meatballs are done...20-25 minutes. Season soup with S/P. Squeeze the juice of one lime into the soup & sprinkle a bit of cilantro on top.

I serve this soup with green-chili cornbread or just warm flour tortillas.

/tricia

• hawk307
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey Guys:
    That's a good start. Look's like I might be jotting down a lot of recipes.
    Maybe I'll have a drawing ???

Azzalea:
    Do you think my Large Braciole, Surf and Turf, Roast,
    would Qualify.

LOU

• KatieC
    16 years ago

Here's a few of mine. I started actually paying attention to measurements and writing down what I do when I throw something together....just in case it turns out to be a keeper. (Just posted my latest...a yeasted banana bread, on the overripe banana thread).

This one got runner up in a Quick Cooking bread machine contest. I started with a recipe from a bread machine book, but had tweaked it enough to call it mine:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Herb-Garlic Monkey Bread

Recipe By : Katie
    Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup sour cream
    3 cups flour
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    2 tablespoons butter
    3 tablespoons sugar
    1 package yeast
    4 cloves garlic -- minced
    1/4 teaspoon oregano
    1/4 teaspoon thyme
    1/4 teaspoon rosemary
    4 tablespoons melted butter

Mix and knead, in bread machine or by hand: water,sour cream, flour, salt, 2 Tbs. butter, sugar and yeast.
    When dough has risen, divide into about 40 small pieces.
    Combine herbs and melted butter. Dip each piece in butter mixture and layer in a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan.
    Raise until doubled. Bake @ 375° for 15-20 minutes. Turn out immediately.

And another that probably started with a recipe torn from some magazine umpteen years ago...

Mushroom Crusted Quiche

Recipe By :Katie
    Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

3/4 pound mushrooms -- finely chopped
    2 tablespoons butter
    crushed saltine crackers -- 1/2-2/3 cup
    3/4 cup sauteed onion -- or green onion
    2 c monterey jack cheese -- shredded (approx)
    3 eggs
    1 pint cottage cheese
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Saute mushrooms in butter. Add enough crushed saltines to absorb juice. Press into pie pan.
    Sprinkle crust with onion. Heap jack cheese over onion; don't pack down.
    Whirl eggs, cottage cheese and cayenne in blender. Pour into crust. Bake at 350°F 45 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The kid raised 4H pigs for several years so we made up all kinds of pork-ey things. I'm sure I've posted this one before. It won a Gilroy Garlic Festival contest several years ago:

Pork Medallions in Garlic Cream Reduction

Recipe By :Katie, Jan. 2001
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Pork

2 pork tenderloins
    12 large cloves garlic -- thinly sliced
    1/2 cup wine -- white, blush, white zin, etc.
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon rosemary -- crushed

Slice tenderloins into thin medallions. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry in a little oil. Place on oven safe plate and keep warm.

Saute garlic in pan until lightly toasted. Add wine and rosemary and cook down to half. Add cream and cook until thickened. Pour over pork medallions.

And another one we created.

Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion and Fennel Seed

Recipe By :Katie, January 2003
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

4 pork chops
    olive oil
    salt, pepper and cayenne
    2 large onions -- thinly sliced
    2 teaspoons fennel seeds -- crushed
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    3 tablespoons water

Brush chops with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste. Brown chops; remove from pan.

Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil and add onions, fennel seed, crushed red pepper and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are lightly caramelized - 30-45 minutes.

Stir in balsamic vinegar and water. Add pork chops; cover and cook 15-20 minutes until chops are done.

This one was a quick thrown together dish, but is now one of our favorite ways to fix halibut... super easy and looks very gourmet:

Halibut with Two Pepper Sauce

* 2 halibut fillets
    * 2 tbsp butter
    * 3 cloves garlic -- minced
    * 1 sm tomato -- diced
    * lemon pepper
    * cracked black pepper
    * dill weed
    * white wine -- a splash
    * 1/3 - 1/2 c cream

Instructions

1. Sprinkle both sides of halibut fillets with lemon pepper, cracked pepper and a pinch of dill weed. Fry in butter and garlic.
    2. Remove fish from pan and turn heat to high. Toss in a splash of wine and the tomatoes and cook on high until liquid is reduced and tomatoes start to soften.
    3. Stir in cream. Serve over fillets.
  • rachelellen
    16 years ago

Triciae, you aren't kidding...I lived in Southern Maine for a year about 15 years ago, and the only Mexican restaurant within reasonable driving distance was called, "Nacho Mamas"...I never did dare it. I wish I could send you some of our Mexican places. In our town of 15,000 residents, we have 15 Mexican restaurants, from little Taquerias to nice restaurants with full bars. No Thai, no Japanese, no Indian, no Mediterranean, and now the one restaurant in town that served good steaks and Prime Rib has closed down. 15 Mexican, 4 Chinese, 1 Italian, 1 good burger joint, a few coffee-type shops and fast food. Sigh.

Oh, I had better put up or shut up! :D

Rachel's Spicy Tomato-Vegetable Soup with Quinoa

2 T extra virgin olive oil
    One large onion
    3 Celery stalks
    1 Medium carrot
    1 1/2 C Cabbage
    2-4 Garlic cloves
    1 14.5 oz can tomatoes, with juice
    1 lb. fresh tomatoes
    5 14.5 oz cans chicken stock OR the equivalent amount of home made chicken stock or chicken stock made from store bought chicken base, not boullion.
    1 can water
    1 serrano pepper, sliced in half the long way
    2 t dried leaf oregano
    1/4 dried leaf thyme
    1 T dried leaf basil
    1/4 t black pepper
    1/2 C Quinoa*
    Thinly sliced green onions for garnish.

Dice all vegetables into 1/4 inch pieces...if you use pre-diced canned tomatoes, they will likely need to be cut smaller as well. Heat a heavy-bottomed, 6 Qt saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, and when it becomes fragrant, add the onions, celery and carrot. Saute until the onion becomes translucent, then add the rest of the ingredients except for the Cabbage and Quinoa. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in another pan, and add the Quinoa. Return to a boil, then reduce the heat just enough to prevent it boiling over. Boil the Quinoa for 10 minutes, then drain and rinse in a fine mesh sieve. Add the Quinoa to the soup and simmer another 15 minutes. Add cabbage, bring soup to a slow boil for 5 minutes and turn off heat. At this point, the soup can be served, but the flavor will improve greatly if the soup is allowed to sit at least until it is cool before reheating to serve, and if it sits for several hours or overnight, all the better! Remove the serrano chili halves before serving and sprinkle soup with sliced green onions for garnish.

Yield: Appx. 14, one-cup servings

*If you cannot find Quinoa at the grocery store, it can often be purchased in health food stores. Rice may be substituted, but the flavor and texture will be different.

Spicy Fire-Roasted Corn with Citrus

1T cayenne pepper mixed with
    1 1/2 T salt.
    4 ears of fresh corn (or more, if you want leftovers for roasted corn salad)
    One lemon and one lime cut into wedges.

Fill a salt shaker with the salt and cayenne pepper.*

Shuck the corn and trim ends for corn skewers if you will use them at the tabel. If it's your first time roasting corn this way, it's a good idea to practice on one ear before committing all to the grill.

Brush your hot grill (not the corn) with a bit of oil, and using tongs, place the corn on the grill. Keep an eye on the ears, and turn them occasionally to prevent too much charring in one spot. You do want some browning and a bit of char as the carmelized bits give the corn a wonderful flavor. The corn should be done in approximately 5 minutes, depending upon the freshness and size of the ears.

Serve the corn with wedges of lemon and lime and the shaker of cayenne-salt. The diners rub the wedges all over the corn and then sprinkle with the cayenne-salt to taste.

* If you have children eating who might be put off by the cayenne, make a second shaker with equal parts of salt and sugar for them to use instead.

Leftover Roasted Corn Salad

2 ears leftover fire-roasted corn
    4 T lemon/lime juice
    2 T honey
    1 t salt
    1/4 t black pepper
    2 cups assorted grated or chopped vegetables. (I like grated carrot, chopped red bell peppers, green onions, diced cucumbers, chopped tomatoes, crunchy celery, thinly sliced radishes and frozen peas, but just use up whatever odds and ends your refrigerator or garden produces! I've even added chopped apples or pears at times!)
    1/4-1/3 c toasted, roughly chopped pecans, cashews or hazelnuts*
    1-2 T minced fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, tarragon or parsley) -optional-

Cut leftover roasted corn from cobs into a bowl and then gently scrape the little juicy bits from the cob with the blunt side of a knife into the same bowl. Mix the lemon/lime juice, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until the honey is completely dissolved. Toss the vegetables with the dressing, and let sit at least 10 minutes for the flavors to develop. If you are adding fresh herbs, toss them in just before serving. This salad is wonderful with any simply grilled meat or fish, and pairs quite well with rice or couscous as a starch. It can also be made hours ahead, although it might soften and the colors might fade a bit if you make it the day before. Sprinkle the nuts on top of the salad before serving.

*Toasting the nuts really brings out their flavor. Before chopping, put the nuts into a pan over a medium-high heat. Shake the pan gently back and forth as though you were making popcorn until the nuts darken slightly and become fragrant.

I don't think I can really claim the roasted corn as my own as it's a pretty common way to eat corn in India, but the recipe was necessary for the salad, which is my own.

• BeverlyAL
    16 years ago

I've never written down the amounts in mine. I'll have to be more careful to do that in the future.

You could have all of our 20 or 25 Mexican Restaurants except for one. Their health dept score is usually around 70 to 84.

• jimtex
    16 years ago

Lou, do you have a copy of the Trattoria recipes that Ann put together a few years ago from forum members? If you don't it would be a great start to what you want to do.
    James

• mustangs81
    16 years ago

I'll have to reconstruct the recipe for Gaucho Pie. It is a variation of Shepherd's Pie but using the ingredients used for Spanish stuffed potatoes.

This is what I came up with when I didn't have peppers to roast but I did have a jar of TJ's Pepper Dip that Jessy sent to me.

TJS ROASTED RED PEPPER BISQUE
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 jar TJs Roasted Red Pepper and Eggplant Dip
    1/2 onion, finely chopped
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 sprigs fresh rosemary
    3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
    3 tablespoons tomato paste
    ½ to ¾ cup heavy cream (or use fat free half and half)
    Salt to taste
    PREPARATION:
    1. Melt the butter in a deep saucepan. Add the onion and rosemary and cook for 5 minutes. Discard the rosemary.
    2. Add the peppers and stock to pan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste. Use stick blender to purée soup.
    3. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cream and season with salt.

• rachelellen
    16 years ago

beverlyal, I'm the same way. I just make things, and they rarely come out exactly the same. My husband doesn't mind. I somewhat sheepishly remind him, when he's particularly enthusiastic about a dish, that he'd better enjoy it as who knows if he'll ever get it again, but he says it'll just be great in a different way next time. (I married a keeper!)

Just recently, I have put a pad of paper and pen out on the kitchen counter and when I remember (and am feeling patient), I jot down what I put in as I cook something, in my version of shorthand that I invented as a harried college student doing research back when nobody had computers, let alone laptops. Later, I type it out to save in my computer.

So far I only have 10 recipes typed out (I'm not that patient very often), but I figure they're 10 more than I've ever had! :D

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

I don't have an arsenal of "originals", but I do have a few.

Bruschetta

INGREDIENTS:
    1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
    2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
    2/3 cup diced roma tomatoes
    5 tablespoons mayonnaise
    ½ c frozen chopped spinach, well drained
    1/2 c finely chopped shrimp (optional)
    Parsley flakes
    1 French baguette, cut diagonally into 1/3 inch thick slices

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat the broiler.
    In a medium bowl, mix marinated artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, red onion, tomatoes, mayonnaise, spinach and shrimp. Top French baguette slices with equal amounts of the artichoke heart mixture. Arrange slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with parsley.
    Broil in the preheated oven 2 minutes, or until toppings are bubbly and lightly browned.

Nacho Cups 4 (12 inch) flour tortillas 6 oz Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded 3 roma tomatoes, diced ½ red bell pepper, chopped 4\-5 green onions, chopped 1 (14 0z) can black beans with cumin & spices ¼ c salsa 6 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray two 12 cup muffin tins with cooking spray. Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges, and push each wedge into muffin pan to form a cup. Layer approx. 1 tsp each of cheese, tomato, pepper, onions, beans, salsa and cheese in each cup. Cover loosely with foil and bake 5 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more until bubbly and cheese is golden. Makes 24 appetizers \*\*You could use any ingredients you like in these, try cooked taco meat, diced jalapenos, Mexican rice, pepper jack cheese, etc. for different flavor combinations.

Red Apple Sangria

3 oz Full bodied dry red wine (Shiraz, Cabernet, Zinfandel.)
    1 oz Sweet-n-sour mix
    1 oz Apple Liquor ( I used 99 Apples brand)
    1 oz Pineapple Juice
    1 oz Cranberry Juice

Garnish with Chopped apples, orange slices and fresh cranberries.

Greek Pasta Salad 1 lb medium pasta shells 3\-4 stalks celery, diced 1/2 c sliced black olives 1/2 c chopped red pepper 1c mayonnaise 1/2c bottled italian dressing 6\-8 oz feta cheese, crumbled 4\-6 oz parmesan cheese, grated oregano and pepper to taste Cook pasta until tender. In large bowl, combine pasta, celery black olives and red pepper. Set aside. Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Fold together pasta and vegetables with dressing. Serve chilled.

Braised Meatballs in Mushroom Gravy

4 slices day old French bread, torn into pieces
    1 cup milk
    1 3/4 pounds ground beef
    2 large eggs
    1 medium onion, finely chopped
    1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    All purpose flour for dusting
    2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
    1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
    8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
    1/2 c dry red wine
    1/4 cup tomato paste
    4 cups canned beef broth, divided
    Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine bread pieces and milk in medium bowl, pressing on bread to submerge; let stand until milk is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Squeeze out most of milk from bread; discard milk. Place bread in large bowl. Add ground beef, eggs, finely chopped onion, 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley, salt, pepper, and thyme; mix well. Transfer meat mixture to processor. Process until well blended and mixture looks pasty. Form mixture into 1 3/4-inch-diameter meatballs (about 30). Divide meatballs between two 13x9x2-inch glass baking dishes. Bake meatballs 30 minutes. Set meatballs aside.
    Dust meatballs with flour; shake off excess. Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms until golden, remove from pan, set aside. Working in batches, add meatballs to skillet and sauté until brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Return all meatballs to skillet. Whisk 1 c broth and tomato paste in small bowl to blend. Add mixture to meatballs and bring to boil. Continue boiling until thickened slightly, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and remaining broth, reduce heat to medium and simmer until flavors blend and gravy thickens, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer meatballs and gravy to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and serve.

Mediterranean Pasta Marinara: 3T olive oil 1/4 c chopped onion 3 cloves fresh chopped garlic ½ tsp salt ½ tsp sugar ¼ tsp pepper 1 T dried basil 1 28\-oz can tomato puree 1/4 c dry red wine Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. 1lb cavatappi, cooked 1 oz olive oil 8 oz sliced mushrooms 1 tomato cut in large dice ½ each red and green pepper cut in large dice 12 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, quartered ½ c sliced black olives 1 tsp dried basil Pinch salt & pepper 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped fine 4 oz mozzarella, shredded 1/3 c grated parmesan Saute mushrooms in oil, add remaining ingredients (except cheeses) and bring to simmer. Place hot cooked pasta in large serving dish, sprinkle with mozzarella, pour hot sauce over all and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Cream Sauce with Horseradish 1/4 c mayonnaise 1/3 c sour cream 1 T lemon juice Dash white pepper 1 T prepared horseradish 2 T fresh dill weed 1/4c milk Mix all ingredients in small bowl and adjust seasonings to taste. Very good served over steamed asparagus spears or other fresh steamed vegetables Linda
  • hawk307
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi James: I don't know what they include.
    I just wanted something that members have made themselves and tried.
    I didn't want Recipes from a Cookbook. I have enough of them.
    Of course most are Basically from cookbooks.

But some are significally changed, to make it a
    " New Recipe "
    A lot; that I have put in the CF, are recipes that I have
    made on my own.
    Of course I had to learn from something, somehow but I don't think,
    you will find some of the crazy things I come up with,
    in Cook Books.
    LOU

• hawk307
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'll have to remember to hit Refresh before I Post.
    Lot of Recipes. Think I opened Pandora's Box.
    I'm gonna need a Secretary.
    LOU

• diana55
    16 years ago

......WAIT I HAVE TO HIRE A LAWYER FIRST!!! lol dIANA55

• hawk307
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Diana: Thanks!

That's it for me Everyone.

Who ever is in charge of removing Posts, could you please remove this one.
    A little while back one of mine was removed, for no reason.

Now there is a reason. I don't want to continue.

Thank You, Lou

• ann_t
    16 years ago

Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table

======================================================
    What I call "Diner" Food. Serve with mashed potatoes and your favourite veggies.

2 Pounds of ground Sirloin
    1 onion finely chopped
    2 cloves of garlic minced
    2 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    2 Teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
    1 Tablespoon of worcestershire Sauce
    1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Sauce

1/2 small onion chopped
    1 garlic clove minced
    1 Tablespoon green peppercorns
    Fresh Mushrooms sliced
    2 Tablespoons Flour
    Broth 2 to 3 cups (Beef or chicken)
    Pan drippings plus 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter or oil.
    . Saute onions in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil until tender but not
    browned. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. In a bowl combined
    ground sirloin, parsley, thyme, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce and
    salt and pepper. Add onions and garlic and mix well. (I use my hands).
    Form into oval shaped patties. (I made 5 nice size ones from the 2
    pounds, but you could make smaller if you prefer)

Brown the patties in a heavy skillet in a little olive oil. You can
    also brown these in a grill pan.

Remove the meat from the pan. Add a little more oil if needed and saute
    the onions, garlic and mushrooms. Sprinkle with a little flour, cook
    for a couple of minutes and add the broth and the green peppercorns.
    Add the patties to the pan, cover and simmer on low for at least one
    hour. Make sure there is enough sauce to almost cover the steaks.

Salisbury steak should be very tender and not have the texture of a
    just fried hamburger. Simmering the meat n the gravy also enhances the
    flavour of the sauce.

Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table

==================
    My version of a meatloaf that I had in Magnolia's Restaurant in Charleston, SC. When we got home from vacation I set out to duplicate it because it was the first meatloaf I found that I actually liked. It was different because Magnolia's grilled the slices before serving and it didn't contain ketchup or tomato sauce like so many meatloaf recipes do.

1 1/2 pounds ground veal or mixture of beef and veal

1 small onion finely chopped
    1 to 2 cloves of garlic
    2 slices Italian/French Bread soaked in milk
    2 eggs
    1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
    2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
    1 tablespoons of dried herbs,
    (sage and Thyme, a small amount of rosemary
    olive oil

Sauce

Green peppercorns
    mushroons
    1 to 2 cups chicken broth
    . Saute onion in olive oil until soft. Add minced garlic and saute for
    30 seconds. Do not brown garlic

Soak bread in milk

In a large bowl add meat, dijon mustard, chopped parsley, herbs, onions
    and garlic and mix with hands. Squeeze bread to break up and add milk
    and bread to mixture. Add eggs. Mix well and season with salt and
    pepper. Saute a small piece to check for seasoning. Adjust to taste.

Shape meatloaf into a rectangle about 8 X 4 x 3 inches high and place
    in a small roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes and then add a small
    amount of broth to the pan to prevent the bottom from becoming to
    brown. Bake another 30 minutes and baste with the pan juices. Add
    more broth if necessary. Cook another 10 minutes or until the meatloaf
    is nicely browned.

Let cool and wrap in foil and refrigerate. Reserve pan juices.

Make a sauce by adding some green peppercorns and sauted mushrooms to
    the pan juices.

Heat grill

Slice meatloaf into 1/2 inch thick slices and grill on both sides until
    nicely marked and hot.

Serve with mashed potatoes

• User
    16 years ago

Lou

What a great thread, I can't say I have ever created a recipe, but I have adapted/changed/altered ... LOL ... many.

Linda

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Here's my website. Some are creations, some are tweeks and some are other peoples worthy of TRIED AND TRUE.

• favolaus
    16 years ago

I just this weekend got my grilled pizza recipe perfect!