SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sfjeff_gw

No-Glue Sheet Goods (or other?) for Pet Urine Resistance

sfjeff
14 years ago

We're trying to find something that we can put down over existing hardwood parquet in the kitchen and the "dining room" that our senior poodles get to spend their days in. Unfortunately, they have senior moments and forget that we spent a small fortune on their dog door. Our concern about pieced or grouted goods is that urine will sit on the floor for several hours and work through the seams.

We've looked at Tarkett's FiberFloor product in its various grades. Any experience with that in a no-glue install, or other suggestions of things we should consider?

"First choice" would have been something like the Teragren Synergy (floatable) manufactured bamboo flooring (replacing the patchwork parquet in the kitchen, at least), but I'm concerned about the ability to seal it in a meaningful way. (I have a hard time "appreciating" the look of most vinyl flooring.)

We're looking at around 300 sq.ft total (8x10 kitchen, 15x15 dining area, might do tiny bath and 4' long hall as well). I am hoping to sweat-equity this into place, and am willing to deal with two-part finishes, if I need to.

Suggestions, even those in other directions, are more than welcome!

Comments (2)