SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmwbcc

Need help with some innovative flooring solutions

dmwbcc
13 years ago

We were set on continuing our hardwood floors into our entry way and kitchen, then we had some bumps (large ones) in the road (not kitchen related) and our kitchen remodel budget has been reduced, largely. Thankfully we have bought and paid for EVERYTHING but flooring. The basics of the kitchen is white shaker cabs and galaxy black granite. The ajoining floor is red/white oak, with a natural finish. Poly has yellowed a bit over the 43 years, but it's in beautiful condition.

There is about 320 square feet we need to find a solution for. We found some vinyl planks that we liked, in the $1.99 psf range that we considered alternating different colors to make a pattern. While looking at those we ran across Marmoleum and really like that, but right now, it's $7.50 psf price tag is above what we can do.

Also, our floors are not super level, we're considering replacing the subfloor, but it wouldn't surprise me if that didn't solve EVERYTHING.

Are there any alternatives to the Marmoleum that we're missing? And to throw a wrench into it, tile isn't "really" an option. I have nerve issues and can't stand on the tile for too long without being too uncomfortable.

Here is a floor I absolutely love. Any idea how to get this look, on a budget?

Comment (1)