SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Fashion advice...

Sueb20
9 years ago

In 2 months I am having a big birthday party. I knew DH would have planned a surprise party (he did for my 30th and 40th) and I didn't want a surprise, so I told him to plan a party and gave him general directions as to what I wanted. He has done all the planning and really, all I know for sure is where it is and who will be invited. My input has been three points: (1) nothing fancy, (2) I want dancing and here is my playlist, and (3) dress code: casual chic. We chose the venue together, and it's an old mansion that is rented out for various events, but it's not a super formal place. Now I am left to ponder what "casual chic" means for me! I am a "young" 50 with a somewhat funky style, more so in accessories than in clothing (I have lots of interesting jewelry, for example). My uniform is jeans and t-shirt, but nice t-shirts! I am short, small on top, and big(gish) on the bottom. Pear shape. My most flattering look is probably an A-line dress with a v-neck, but I don't want to be appear overdressed or formal. How about nice dark jeans and a fancy-ish top? Or if I wear a dress, what type would be flattering and give off a casual-but-not-too-casual vibe?

What would you wear if you were me? Or -- If you received my party invitation and saw "casual chic", what would you wear?

Comments (35)