SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lwarren2_gw

HELP! Should I cancel limestone order?

lwarren2
17 years ago

Hi -- I posted before and asked if I was crazy to install limestone/travertine flooring. Everyone, except one, had travertine and liked it. Now that I've placed the honed limestone order, I did a wine test, and saw that it left a dark, dull spot even though it had two coats of enriching sealer. The wine was only left for an hour! I did the same test with wine overnight on tumbled travertine (same sealer) with no problems. The store put my order on hold. This limestone is called "Golden Ruby" from Tureks limestone collection. I love the looks but am scared to death because the order is more than 2000 sq ft, including bathrooms and the kitchen. I was even thinking of using it in a shower, but now I'm scared. One idea was to treat the whole floor with muriatic acid after install to take it to a matt finish -- this might hide the etching that is going to occur. In addition to spills in the kitchen, around the toilet area is of real concern. Is there a way out of this dilemma, or should I go to travertine. Thanks very much!

Comments (4)