SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bestyears_gw

Back from the lake.....

bestyears
10 years ago

And it turned out to be the FIRST time we've been disappointed with a private rental.....

Here's a photo of the boat dock for the place we thought we were renting:

And here's our photo of the same dock:

Because a number of lakes in TX have been significantly affected by the drought the last few years, I had a conversation with this owner prior to renting and was assured that there was plenty of water and we wouldn't have any problems swimming and boating. Our rental included 3 nights stay, plus one day with an 18-foot ski boat.

We had to paddle a canoe out about 30 minutes to find deep enough water to swim in. He never showed up with the boat, and simply refused to take our calls to his cell phone while we were there. We used a different phone once -he answered, said the boat would be there in the morning, but of course it wasn't and we couldn't reach him again. There were additional issues with a broken freezer door (which was stuffed with a towel to catch leaking water), a broken pipe under the sink, broken down crap everywhere, etc.

We bailed out after two nights, drove three hours to Austin, paid for a hotel there, and rented a boat on Lake Travis the next day.

So...... I've emailed him with a request for a full credit. I've initiated a dispute with our credit card company. And I've filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General's office. Anything else I should be doing?

Comments (26)