SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sushipup1

Dessert recipe that I can't make -- sigh

sushipup1
15 years ago

I came across this recipe yesterday, but I have no plans to make it. Anyone like to give it a try? I would LOVE to, but no sweets/baking in this house. Maybe sometime in the coming year, when we have company, but I have simply sworn off sweets. I wouldn't mind a taste, if someone else makes it.

This is from Memphis Magazine, and is from the chef at an Irish pub in Memphis, in anticipation of St. Patrick's Day, tho I can't find the name of the recipe in Google, nor do I think this is particularly Irish, save one ingredient. But it sounds sooooo good!

Mielsog, from Bruce Fisher of McGuinness Pub in Memphis.

Caramel sauce:

1/4 lb butter

8 ox brown sugar

12 oz heavy cream

1 oz light corn syrup

3 oz Irish cream liqueur

6 sheets pie crust

8 oz chopped pecans

3 t. cinnamon

To make caramel sauce, combine butter, brown sugar, and heavy cream in sauce pan and bring to boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add corn syrup and Irish cream.

In broiler, brown 3 sheets of pie crust.

Using buttered 8 x 8 baking dish, layer 1 cooked sheet of pie crust, 3 oz of caramel sauce, 1/4 of the pecans, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Top with uncooked pie crust. Repeat until all ingredients are used, finishing with caramel sauce and pecans.

Bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 350. Allow to cool slightly before cutting. Serve with ice cream.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!