SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheshebop

Weight Watcher Recipes...my favorites

sheshebop
14 years ago

I am so lucky that a have a hubby who will cook my WW recipes for me so I have a healthy low fat supper when I get home from work. Here are a few of my favorites.

Cheesy Tortilla Casserole

4 6" corn tortillas

1 large sweet onion, chopped

1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped

1-1/2 tsp ground cumin

3/4 tsp dried oregano

1 15 oz. can cream style corn

2 large eggs

3 egg whites

2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack chese

2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro or parsley

2 Tbs. mild hot sauce

3/4 cup prepared salsa (I use Annie's Salsa that we made)

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 1-1/2 qut baking dish with nonstick spray. Stack the tortillas and cut them crosswise into 1" strips. Place the strips on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until lightly golden, about 6 minutes. Let cool.

Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the sweet onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in the cumin abnd oregano. Remove the skillet from the heat and let the veggie mixture cool.

Meanwhile, combine the creamed corn, eggs, egg whites, 1/3 cup of the cheese, the cilantro and the hot sauce in a large bowl. Stir in the vegetable mixture. Spoon half the mixture into the baking dish. Arrange half the tortila strips on top. Repeat with the remaining vegetable mixture and tortilla strips. Sprinkle the casserole with the remaining 1/3 cup of cheese. Bake until golden and set in the middle, 35-40 minutes. Serve with the salsa.

Makes 4 servings. 5 points per serving.

Hearty Shepherd's Pie

1-3/4 lbs. baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" pieces

2/3 cup skim milk

1 Tbs. unsalted butter

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

1 lb. lean ground beef (I use 96/4)

1 onion, chopped

4 garlic cloves, minced

1 tsp dried oregano

1/2 cu red wine

2 Tbs. tomato paste

1 10 oz package frozen peas and carrots

1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth

(**Note, I use instant Hungry Jack potatoes made with skim milk, frozen peas, but fresh carrots

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick spray. To make the topping, place the potatoes in a large pot with enough cold water to cover; bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are fork tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain; return to the pot. Add milk, butter, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper; Mash and set aside.

To make the filling, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the beef, breaking it apart with a spoon, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Return the skillet to the heat. Add the onion, garlic, and oregano. Cook, stirring, until the onion is lightly browned. Add the wine and tomato paste; Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is slightly thickened. Add the peas and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables thaw. (I precook the fresh carrots in the mocrowave so they don't take so long to cook in this step) Stir in the broth and cook until the mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in the beef and the remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.

Transfer the filling to the baking dish. Spread the potato topping over the filling and bake until the filling is bubbly around the edges, about 20 minutes. Remove the pie from the oven. Increase the oven temp to broil and broil the pie 5" from the heat, until the topping is lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Make 5 servings, 5 points per serving

Ham and Swiss Turkey Rolls (* Note, I use chicken)

4 (1/4 lb) turkey cutlets

4 (1 oz slices reduced sodium ham)

1 (1 oz) slices Swiss cheese, halved

3 Tbs plain dried bread crumbs (I use panko)

1 Tbs fat-free mayonnaise

1/4 cup dry white wine

1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth

1 tsp unsalted butter

Top each cutlet with a slice of ham and then a half slice of cheese. Roll the cutlets up jelly-roll fashion and secure with toothpicks.

Spread the bread crumbs on a plate or sheet of wax paper. Using a pastry brush, coat the turkey rolls with mayo, dip in the bread crumbs, pressing down to coat.

Spray a non-stick skillet with nonstick spray and set over a medium-high heat. Add the turkey rolls and cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, broth, and butter; bring just to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the turkey is cooked through and the sauce thicken, about 5 minutes longer. Remove the toothpicks abefore serving.

Make 4 servings, 5 points per serving

Tex-Mex Meat Loaf

1-1/2 lbs lean ground beef (I use 96/4)

1/2 cup prepared chunky fat-free salsa (I use Annie's salsa)

1 egg white lightly beaten

1 tsp chili powder

1 tsp dried oregano

3/4 tsp ground cumin

3/4 tsp salt

1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese I use low fat)

Preheaat oven to 350. Spray a 4x8 loaf pan with nonstick spray.

Combine the beef, 1/4 cup of the salsa, the egg white, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and salt in a large bowl, mixing just until blended. Transfer half the mixture to the loaf pan. Top with the cheese leaving a 1/2" border along the edge. Spoon the remaining beef mixture over the cheese. Spread the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of salsa. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160, 65-70 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes before slicing.

Makes 6 slices, 4 points per slice.

I have many, many more recipes as I own 9 WW cookbooks. I won't post them until I try others though, so that they are T&T.

Sherry

Comments (2)