SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zshopper_gw

A very sad emotional week!

18 years ago

Hi everyone, havent been logging on in a while, just wanted to share my week. We all go on with our lives thinking our families will live on as long as we are living. Well let us not take our family or our lives for granted. You might have heard me mention my dad was sick and my mom was the lone caretaker. He has lost both his legs to diabetes after undergoing a bypass 4 years ago. Everything spiraled from that but he was home and ok to visit. He was so scared of dying and wanted to live to see our kids weddings, their new babies, etc. Also you might have remembered that my mother in law was in a nursing home too and that DH and I would be back and forth on weekends to visit. Well that has all stopped as of last week.

My dad was in the hospital with pulmonary problems and heart problems on Dec. 22. For the past month we visited everyday and fed him and helped take care of him. Tuesday I got a call that he was dying and ran to the hospital and missed him by 10 minutes. I so wanted to be with him when he passed. But that didnt happen. He died on Tues, Jan. 24. We were all picked up from my mom's house by limo on the 27th and arrived at the funeral home to say our last goodbyes and before we entered the funeral home we got a call saying my mother-in-law died. We were in shock and at that point didnt know who to mourn for? After burying my dad we had to go right back to the funeral home and make arrangements for my motherinlaw. Although we all did everything we can for them we fell just left. Each day I mourn for one at one time and the other at another. My emotions are so jumbled. I'm doing ok for now and will go to work tomorrow. If only we can never take life for granted, we are all just a breath away.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!