SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

Suddenly feeling very emotional...

mahatmacat1
17 years ago

We decided to job out the drywall, since we had worked outselves to exhaustion, and the guys are here today, whipping their way through our entire project in one day, and the tape/mud guy will come tomorrow.

Im suddenly feeling the reality of the project, as the walls are going up...that this may be the only time we do something like this in our lives, who knows...and it's actually happening, the place is taking shape as we have dreamed/envisioned/sweated/bled it for almost two years now...we'll have a new master bedroom and a bathroom that is truly a retreat (small one, but still) that will help me feel better...It's something about the actual walls going up, even more than my beloved tile finally being installed, that is just doing it to me today. I feel like shouting it to the neighborhood (although they can probably hear most of it already :)), but instead I'll type it here to folks who might understand.

Has anyone had a moment like this where the "it's really happening" hits *extremely* hard and you feel like crying and hugging the professionals who are playing a *crucial* step in making your dream come true? (and it's not hormonal, not that time of month, it's really about the project :))

Comments (28)