SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Another Gift Idea

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

Like Merrygardener and Polly (and many others here,from the sounds of it!)I got very tired of the money wasted on kids' birthday gifts. Mine had more than they needed and when invited to their friend's birthday parties, I knew that at least half the gifts would end up stuffed in a closet, no longer used after the first week or so.

One day, after spotting some cute plastic popcorn cups in Target's dollar section, I hit on a gift idea that I've been using with great success ever since. I add yellow crinkle confetti to one of these popcorn containers, add a gift pass/certificate for 2 to our local movie theater for the movie of their choice and throw in a couple candy bars and a bag of microwave popcorn. This way, they can take their parent or a friend, depending on the age, to a movie they want to see, at their convenience. I've also added a dvd instead of movie passes.

BTW, this gift is great for teens and adults, too!

I love that I haven't wasted my money and parents love the very usable gift. Afterwards, most parents recycle the plastic popcorn container, either using it to hold popcorn or passing it along as a movie gift to someone else.

Lynn

Comments (6)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor