SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmhartman

Question about repaired floor

15 years ago

When we did our punch list of our new home, some of the prefinished bamboo flooring was warped and needed to be replaced. We did our final walk through of the house today and got our keys, we're moving in over the weekend.

The damaged flooring has been replaced, however the color in no way matches the existing flooring around it. It is quite a bit darker and also more red. Very noticeably different - in places it looks like an entirely different stain. The builder's rep who did the walk through with us said that it's because the flooring that has been there a while has changed color, and that over the next month or so the newer flooring will match it. I asked him if he would accept this as a job well done in HIS own home, and he didn't answer that (which leads me to believe he probably would not).

At any rate, I'm asking for advice here. Do you think that over time the new flooring will blend in, or do you think this is something I should ask them to deal with now?

My only experience with wood flooring is in the house we're we've been in the last 18 years. It has the original 60 year old red oak flooring and when we've had it refinished, we did it all at one time so it would be uniform.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Comments (2)