SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_338960569

Reno Q: What flooring, railing and lighting would spruce up this cabin

We're looking to make a few changes to this cabin-like home we're moving to. First I'm enjoying the wood walls so far. I'm open to some paintings but prefer to keep most. I'm looking to update the old grey vinyl plank floor, and carpet in the bedrooms and loft, replace the railing, and refresh the lighting. I'm looking for advice on:

1. what color of hardwood floor to select (we prefer not to do vinyl plank) and want a low VOC option, for bedrooms and lofts (one above livin area, one above master) I was thinking a wool carpet?

2. what type of railing to install (horizontal black metal railing, continuous wood railing with metal spindles horizontal or vertical)?

3. what types of lighting fixtures could replace the fluorescents (they're all throughout the house - eek!) Notice the fluorescents in the kitchen are positioned over the walking area and not above the island, likewise the kitchen and living room fluorescents are not centred over the dining table but off set - not ideal, I'm not sure how to rectify)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!

Comments (2)