SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
winterfan3_gw

Question about sink 'repair traps'

winterfan3
16 years ago

I am just wondering if they are okay to use or if using them goes against some type of code. Because I am using one on a sink right now. I am using a repair trap because the previous p-trap had developed a really bad leak. I had to remove the j-bend from that previous p-trap and unfortunately found out that I could not remove the previous trap's arm from the drain stub out from the wall because it is soldered into that stub out. I do not think I can get the rest of the previous brass trap's arm out of there without causing significant damage to it. So I cut the trap arm so I could use a repair trap. The drain stub out from the wall is very small and the previous trap's arm is soldered in there but good. Unfortunately, I do not have access to anything behind the wall from where the drain stub out sticks out from. So basically I want to know if it is okay that I am using a repair trap and if it is not okay does anyone have any ideas how I could possibly get the rest of the previous trap's brass arm out of that stub out without causing significant damage to it and without having to use a torch?

Comment (1)