SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rico58

Eng hardwood installation nightmare

rico58
9 years ago

I purchased and had installed 600 sqft of lake ridge sutton birch wide plank flooring. I wasn't at home when floor was installed. Installers had specific instructions to nail floor down. They floated it. Floating requires all seams to glued. My wife was watching them. About every other one is glued. There are soft spots where you can see the seems teetering. They used cut off planks in the middle of the rooms. There are seems you can see the tongue in the seems, as they are not together. What a terrible job installing as they were in a hurry and had to finish that day.
Now they want to return and cut out there mistakes and replace with new planks. I'm afraid it is going to end up a horrific chop job and will be even more disappointed. I pointed all these blunders out to the owner of the store. He said they will be able to fix all of this. I need to know, do I demand this floor be removed and start over, or do I let them try and fix this.
I know that all seems are not glued, which already voids any warranty on this floor.

Comments (6)