SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lulie___wayne

Putting Up The Tree

lulie___wayne
19 years ago

For some, putting up a Christmas tree for the first time after our loved ones have left can be very hard.

After my daughter, Christin, left us we put a tree up but it wasn't the same kind of tree as it always was in the past. I decided to put our Christmas tree up in memory of her and have continued to do so for the past 6 years. I decorate it with 19 white roses in memory of each of her years with us, silver, white, and crystal balls, a large, beautiful angel on top and white garland. It really is pretty and it is special since it is in memory of Christin. I will have a red rose in memory of my mom also this Christmas.

A friend of mine saw it for the first time last year and told me yesterday that she was so impressed with mine that she wanted to put a tree up in memory of her son decorated with red birds since that is her "symbol" for him since he left. He has been gone for over 7 years and she had not put a tree up since he left. She put her tree up the other night and is so pleased with it.

So, my point is that if any of you are having a hard time putting a regular Christmas tree up, you may want to do something like this in memory of your loved one. That way, you can create something beautiful, memorialize your loved one, and also have a Christmas tree as you always have before your loved one left.

Lu

Comments (14)

Sponsored