Loss of my mom

raesheridan77

Hi,

I lost my mother to Cancer on October 10th of this year, she was only 54. I am having trouble accepting that she is gone. Half the time I still expect her to call me. We were very close and I feel so empty without her. I keep thinking if only...but I know that won't bring her back. Right now I find myself fighting to get out of bed everyday, and try and distract myself from thinking about it just to get through the day, the rest of the time I spend crying...

Everyone keeps saying it will get better, but I just want her back even if only for one more day...

Rachel

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

I'm so sorry.

The best way I know to "keep someone alive" is to live the way she would be proud of, & maybe memorialize her in some way-
her achievements, her character, her loves.

Donate a book to the library,
plant a rose or a garden,
take baby blankets to young mothers
in her memory.

I wish you the best.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Inside Houzz What Mom Wants for Mother’s Day
You’re right about a nice dinner and time with family. Here’s what else will make Mom happy this weekend
Full Story
Gardening Guides A Mom, a Garden and a Gift for the Neighbors
Gardening can be therapeutic in unexpected ways. See how one gardener found peace and purpose in a patch of Florida soil
Full Story
Mother’s Day What to Do for Mom Around the House on Mother’s Day
Show appreciation for your mother and make her day extra special with these ideas
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Our creative project designs and detailed costing budgets, listing many alternatives and options, allow each... Read More