my mom

soosweet

So in a few months it will have been 2 years since my mom died at the young age of 49. Only 5 days from her turning 50. This was a tragic loss for me. My mom had psychological problems while she was alive and I always thought we'd lose her by suicide. That would have been tragic as well. At any rate, one June night I got that phone call and had to drive for an hour to the hospital she was at. I already knew she was gone and have no idea how I made that drive by myself. I saw her body and somehow or another kept it together til about 3 am that night. Don't know how I got through the following days either. God watched out for his children. At any rate, nearly two years later and I still feel like it was only yesterday sometimes. I'm 29 myself...was 27 when this happened. Add to that...my sister and I have planned 4 funerals altogether now. They were all hard to do, but the loss of my mama was the hardest!

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
darrah

I am so sorry for your loss. Your Mother was so young! The death of a parent is never easy but I pray with the passing of time you find inner peace.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathy_

Big soft Hugs...You know, no matter when they go, it's always too soon.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Get the Family to Pitch In: A Mom’s Advice on Chores
Foster teamwork and a sense of ownership about housekeeping to lighten your load and even boost togetherness
Full Story
Mother’s Day DIY Floral Arrangements to Suit Mom’s Style
Which of these 5 flower arrangements best reflects the mom in your life? Take your pick, then see how to make it
Full Story
Basements Houzz TV: Ashton Kutcher Surprises Mom With the Basement of Her Dreams
By Houzz
In a new Houzz original series, the actor uses the Houzz app to find a designer and shop products to turn the dark area into a bright space
Full Story